<body> </body>



Tuesday, March 25, 2008

For you, a thousand times over.
The prospect of writing all over again- revival- is all very appealing, and I almost think it may happen. Chapter Two has been in many ways, a record of an emotional journey above all else..

That being said, I do feel like this chapter in what my oldest friend, Adrian, and I often and fondly term "the story called Life" has been a difficult one to write. I sometimes feel so emotionally hollow- devoid of thoughts and feelings and sense, and an ability to react pertinently, and I'm not even sure why.



The gods are taking their token yearly piss on Melbourne. As I type to the pitter-patter of the raindrops against my window, questions upon questions come to mind.. some of which I know I will never have answers to, others I am not sure if I ever want to know.

It has been a rollercoaster of sorts. Emotionally, more than in any other way.

But I'm proud of how I've dealt with things.. for I've discovered that there is no right answer, life often makes you make choices and live with the corresponding repercussions, or on a milder note, consequences. Gut has been so crucial, and I am so glad I chose to do what felt right and what still feels right because as difficult as it has always been, at the very very least, it hits home at the right spot especially at the most trying moments..



Architecture has been a bittersweet journey, Ormond more so than many other things. It would take too long to recount what I've weathered in the past year and a half (that feels much more than a mere fraction of my lifetime) but suffice to say, it has been THE time of my life.. I just don't know where life is taking me after this.

Sometimes, I would really like to know. Other times I'm happier taking a day at a time..



I know for me, life in the past year or so in Melbourne has crossed paths with many an interesting person, and strange as it sounds I constantly find myself panting for breath just trying to sit down for coffee with friends. Thirteen hours per week is not many but time often slips through my fingers- and optimisation is something I'm looking to polish up in the next term. That being said, I have recently had some really thought-provoking "d&m's" or deep and meaningfuls with some.. and contrary to many opinions that home is missed dearly, I find the strangest thing about me is that I love being in Melbourne through and through- thick and thin, good and bad, happy and sad- and despite the fact that I have a fantastic time everytime I go back, chapter closes everytime I step on the aircraft that takes me back to the greener side.

While the many thoughts I have potter about my little head, there are always things to be thankful for.. like the very fact that I am here. Mum and I often joke about how London may have been the better option, but I always say that it is the road not taken.. and that I have no regrets at all.

It only takes me a trip down to Brunswick for a perfect mocha at the Green Refectory or a yummy breakfast at A Minor Place.. or a walk in the Royal Botanical Gardens in 37C weather to remind me that there is so much good in this gorgeous place.



On a completely separate note,
1. I recently relented and gave the boardgame Shadows over Camelot a shot at the Jians', and was surprised at how entertaining I found it to be.
2. I am currently reading The Kite Runner which is one amazing piece of fiction.

Sher Reen; 2:52 PM
1 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II