<body> </body>



Thursday, March 27, 2008

Everything.
Been in the company of what I sometimes call "people from my past". Melbourne's like that, you constantly find yourself meeting people whom you were acquainted, or even close to at some stage.

This Easter break has been a successfully disappointing one in the academic sense. To think, I haven't even got through much TV.. most of the day is while away "resting". After what has been a non-stop ride through school, A-Levels and now uni, I do feel quite burnt out- and my best of friends will tell you they feel that is a gross understatement..



I have, however, successfully been out to dinner every night since the Thursday before Good Friday. Had dinner at Kum Den with Amy and Anna, and then headed to The Croft Institute at the end of Croft Alley before ending the night at the Alice-in-Wonderland-themed cutest of bars, Madame Brussels. There were a series of events that succeeded our departure, I got home at 3, adrenaline-pumped, and only hit the sack after a thoroughly entertaining combination of conversation and Google searching.

On Friday, didn't quite get up to much- had a chat to Kate in MCR that afternoon.. then Jian Ming, Jian Wey, Charles, Eileen, Christina, Supa, Mei Sze and I decided to give Pacific BBQ in the City a try- it was a long wait for what I rated as mediocre food.

Saturday was first spent at the DFO in Essendon- Amy, Anna, Mei Sze and I shopped up a storm, if I dare declare that myself. The night was spent at Pam's 21st at her place with a function room full of meddies, lollies and pink decoration. Running on a mere 4 hours of sleep I expected myself to be less enthused but Char, Sarah-Anne and I managed have a hilarious night, laughter and all which I believed was induced by the lolly consumption.

Sunday- a last minute invitation saw Mei Sze and I ending up at the Jians' on Drummond St for dinner and a boardgame session. After all the eye-rolling I had given the latter, I relented and gave the very addictive Shadows over Camelot a fair shot and enjoyed two thrilling rounds before walking home with Roland, Renata and Mei Sze.

Went for brekky on Monday morning with Mei Sze at A Minor Place in Brunswick. I'd previously been there with Vincent and the YLSS mentors, so it wasn't a great surprised when he showed up with Michelle and a friend.. picked up Easter eggs before getting coffee at the Green Refectory and heading home. I even managed to do some gift shopping that afternoon before meeting Min Ching for dinner at Southbank. After some good gelati (nothing yet beats Il Doce Freddo on Lygon), it started drizzling.. and then pouring. Pit stopped at Crown for two terrible hot chocolates before finally getting a taxi home.

Amy turned 21 on Tuesday; Anna and I did a quick city run in the morning, along the way picking up the best pastries from Laurent on Lt Collins. Surprised the birthday girl at uni, lunched at Ormond then went to Safeway to get a box of tissues. That night I got to catch up with Chia Ching and Jo Weng for dinner at Blue Sky- we definitely overstayed our time but time flew as we recounted the good old days of secondary school.. and shared stories of our recent escapades..

Last night. I'd been looking forward to seeing Zi in ages, and after my paid session at the kitchen I headed out in the cold for our long overdue catch up. I remember the countless Subway conversations we used to have back at HELP, pondering the questions life threw at us while we went through A-Levels Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics questions. It feels so near yet so far.. I still recall the plane ride here in July of '06, we were both unsure of what we were doing three weeks after our last exam, jetting off to Melbourne. I was Ormond-bound while she'd been offered a place at IH. We used to be like two peas in a pod, and I guess last night reminded me of all of that. Had dinner at Rice Bar and braved the rain for sumptuous churros at the very packed San Churro on Brunswick St. It was one of our rare catch ups but also one of the best.. then again all of them make me smile. The feeling of being able to reconnect so easily like how we used to be was amazing, and it makes me so thankful for what we share..

While on the topic of good conversations.. I thought I'd mention I had a very interesting one with Sophie Molyneux before the holidays. It was after college photo, I made a college sandwich and stole two college apples.. we sat down at Concrete Lawn and had a great two hours of solid conversation.. on love and on life.



I have recently thought a lot about the conversations that Jhin and I used to have about how with many friends, you stay close because you still have things to talk about.. but when that dwindles, the friendship sometimes suffers. And in the least mean and most objective way possible, I wonder why people keep in touch sometimes.. when all that prior relevance runs out. To reminisce on the past? How much satisfaction does recycled conversations give one?

And I can't answer that.. because I personally keep in touch because I enjoy it. I think recycled conversation derives ample enjoyment, and it renews relevance between people.. but I also see how some people think the maintenance of friendship to be difficult.. and I guess at the end of the day, it is both chemistry and initiative that keeps them going.



And a wise man once said, "Don't save anything for a special occassion. Being alive is the special occassion."

Sher Reen; 7:48 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II