<body> </body>



Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tim McGraw
The fourth week back since the mid-semester break, and it's incredibly low pressure owing to the fact that Science & Services is done. No lecture, no tutorial.

September 30th marked the start of the last lap of the semester, and that was the night of the Male Sports Ball which I missed out on, instead spent the night working on an essay then having dinner at Universal on Lygon with Lindsey. Got to speak to Jhin that night after a really long while which was nice. The Monday back, I met up with Zi for one of the rare lunches we have the privilege of having together- caught up at Threshermans over a huge sandwich and iced coffees. Got my Le Corbusier essay in the next morning and two days later my final Science & Services assignment was done. After design studio on Friday went down to the city with Matt to eventually get Adam a bottle of absinthe for his 20th; I later stopped by Peter Alexander, Crabtree and Evelyn and the surf shop for Anna's birthday gifts. Saw Min Ching on Saturday for crepes at AiX after bumming at University College across the road with Amy and Anna that morning. Ended up at Mimco and Love It with Min Ching.. at night had dinner at college followed by what they called 'Adam and Keryn's 41st' at The Comfortable Chair on Lygon. Didn't have a big night- trammed back fairly early with Heli, Kate, Jay and Matt.

Roland cooked bak kut teh for all of us on Sunday night in conjunction with his 21st birthday. It was a great gathering of aromatic close-to-home food, if anything at all. It was a pretty full on week work-wise, and it was only on Friday that we all let our hair down a little- went to have dim sum lunch at Sharksfin House. That night was also the Ormond Valedictory Dinner & Smoko. Speeches by Kat Nicolson and Pisko were not as awe-inspiring as last year's from Claire and Bevo.. the dinner ended with the announcement of the new Students' Club Chair- Nick Coxon. The smoko after featured me dancing on the benches for a short span after being coerced by Sophie Molyneux.. Charles Sow had his birthday dins at Kobe Jones, Docklands, the following night. That was a treat for the tastebuds, to say the very least.

Sunday the 14th I went down to Safeway with Vivien for a long catch up- one of the few we've had since I moved out of Picken B. Rosie called with an offer of and Italian dark hot chocolate from Brunetti's which I did not turn down.. suppertime onwards, Rosie, Tara, Kris, Matt and I sat around in my room sharing cupcakes that Jes, Kris and I made the day before.. drinking milk and hot chocolate and chatting and laughing about the most hilarious of things. Got to do a paid early servery last Monday night, that was good. Watched Phantom of the Opera with Jian Wey, Lindsey and Mei Sze at the Princess Theatre on Exhibition St Tuesday night. I was slightly disappointed with the acting but the set had me in awe. Roaul and Christine were poorly played, in my opinion. Did my Modern Architecture speech the next day with little sleep.. felt unwell so I spared myself four hours of design studio. Met Min Ching in the city just briefly before coming back to rest. I had my Summer Schools 2007 interview with Vincent and Maura on Thursday at the Trinity Dining Hall.. and a Services tutorial after. After design on Friday, Anna, Amy, Jane and I had lunch at Mercadante on Lygon- they have THE best salmon fettucine! Poor Amy got pranked twice by the staff despite my warnings. Submitted an application for O-Week that afternoon, went to dinner then the Ormond Art Exhibition with Kris and Matt then to Lygon with Mei Sze. Rachel Sim stayed the night, it was good catching up. We lunched at Rice Bar the day after before I got my hair cut by Andy of Biba on Lygon.

Mei Sze was "surprised" at midnight leading into her birthday. Sunday I had to get myself a new hairdryer because the one I've had from when I came here blew.. in the evening we went up to the MCR for pizza and sushi and chips and drinks and goooood cake- Brunetti's Raspberry Gateaux. Watched the debate between John Howard and Kevin Rudd on TV at the middle tower before coming back down to my room. And yesterday I went into the city yet again to do a polo shirt exchange and print A2 "magic" images for Friday's final review. I was slightly irritated that none of the art shops I went to- Eckersley's, Melbourne Artists' Supplies and the RMIT Co-op did not have a SINGLE black Artline 220 in 0.2 and 0.4! Must be that time of year when EVERYONE is drawing up final presentations. I've just been to lunch after this morning's Contemporary American Architecture lecture.. the next few days are going to be work work work work work. Final submissions are this Friday for design.

So I will be mentoring at this year's Young Leaders Summer School. It all feels foreign and almost a little strange, but I'm very much looking forward to it seeing as it has been in me to want to go back and see what it's like to be on the organising end of things.



Three days to Swot Vac- diligent study and elaborate afternoon teas and suppers.

Pickenfest this Sunday- bouncy castle, live music and instruments and hopefully good sunny weather!

Immediately after Swot Vac, it's on to the Visual Exam for Modern Architecture B, then the Science & Services and finally the Modern Architecture B exam. By far the shortest exam period I have had.


It's been big, this semester. I don't know what the rest of the year holds.. that leading into 2008. And since it really has been the thrill of slight uncertainty that's taken me this far, I shall leave things in the hands of that greater force that somehow always seems to know a little better than I do.

Sher Reen; 11:11 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II