<body> </body>



Saturday, September 29, 2007

More than just passerby inspiration.
This always happens.

Lapses in writing.

Does anyone still read?



So since the last post..

Kareen has left for London, among other things. It's a shame I was not there to bid you farewell the way you did when I left for Melbourne.. but I hope you know I am and will always be there in spirit from when you left the house.. had mum and Ken bid you farewell from the glass panels above immigrations.. stepped on that plane.. and eventually.. set foot in London. I can't wait to hear about your journey into the unknown this Christmas.

This is a tribute to everything we share, I love you more than you know.



Along a different vein, Melbourne's been good. It's been busy.

The semester ended on a good note. I was exhausted by the end of Week 8 having completed a Science & Services assignment and prepared for a design interim crit. I was decked out in my red, black and gold on Friday night for the Ormond College Students' Club Dinner.. the one and only event where members of the Senior Common Room (Master, Deans and resident postgraduates) wait tables! The meal was alright, I enjoyed the pear salad. I felt bad that I unknowingly negotiated and got the main of lamb over the salmon.. eventually I traded the side of polenta for potatoes with the person next to me. The speaker and dessert both were uninteresting.. and it was pre-smoko that we came up to MB 205 for gelati and Bailey's and champagne. The smoko itself was lacking some colour.. people had started to go home and turn out was very modest. Finally we left at 12 owing to fatigue, the first departure preceding the last song of the night since the start of the year..

Did both lunch and dinner services the next day.. spending a bit of time in the sun on Wyselaskie in between with Lindsey, Rachel and Kris just chatting. College was extremely quiet that night- lots of people were out- so Matt and I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding, fun times. Went to brunch then to St Kilda and the Arts Centre on Sunday, did a paid service at dinner.. before going out to Strike on Lt Lonsdale with Adam, Josh, Evan, Sarah, Latham, Rachel, Sophie Molyneux, Kris, Chris Watsford, Steve and Alex.. for a slightly drunken night of $5 beers and bowling.

So Monday the 17th seems so far away now. Went to Snow Patrol after a lunch service and dinner at Rice Bar. The Rod Laver Arena eventually was packed to the brim, the opening acts were so worth missing, worse still the fact that they went on belting out just over half an album's worth of songs each! I came back buzzing from the hour-long actual concert, they were a great band to have seen and heard live. The surplus energy eventually was channelled towards a walk down to Turf. Didn't have drinks.. danced a bit on sticky dance floor, talked to friends and then came back up Royal Parade reaching Ormond at nearly 1. Chatted over plastic cheese before hitting the sack..

Had assam laksa at Laksa King in Flemington with Wen, Jian Ming and Rachel on Tuesday. Got there in good time, no wrong turns! Got back and because it was such a gorgeous day we decided to lounge on Picken Lawn for most of the afternoon- Wen, Janie, Sophie Molyneux, Kris and Matt.. Sophie was busy making daisy chains and attempting cartwheels, while most of the rest of us were lazing in the sun, attempting reading.. save for the later interruption by Christine's adorable beagle, Cecil, and the other boys playing soccer..

Went to the gym on Wednesday morning, had lunch and wasted most of the afternoon away.. and then got ready to join other college people on the Art Subcommittee's Guggenheim Collection trip. Trammed down, saw the set of work for what was the second time, then we had dinner at Shanghai Dumpling House- a hilarious affair of its own. Great atmosphere, great dumplings and dismal food quality.. probably won't be heading down that way for a while.

Had coffee with Flick Thursday afternoon at the Potter Cafe, preceding that was the most random bump-in with Aunty Doris and Jennifer, mums to my second cousins Mi Chelle and Jolynn, at the Victoria Markets. Got invited to dinner at their place that night.. which I went to and thoroughly enjoyed.. nothing big happened on Friday, just lunch in hall, student service dinnertime in hall then I watched the first Aussie football match which I understood, thanks to Adam's pointers while the bunch of us were in the MCR.

Saturday, had lunch with Wen at Kenzan followed by some shopping in the city. Had coffee with Shobie at Trotters on Lygon that night and caught up after what truly seemed like a very long time! Wen and I trammed to Prahran after lunch on Sunday, and fortunately found the Crabapple Bakery without a fuss. Took away eight cupcakes each (!) then spontaneously thought we would take the train to Brighton. We spent more time walking into shops on Church St than we did on the actual "beach" strip itself.. great weather though. Came back to Melbourne Central, Wen went to dinner with her sister while Jian Ming and Steph and I went back out to Brighton for fish and chips, silly fun times on the beach and oysters! It was great being able to expand our Melbourne vocabulary beyond the CBD circumference at the very least..

Anna, Amy and I had one of the best ever girl talks over lunch (and coffee and dinner) at Rice Bar (and Gloria Jean's and Intersection pizza) on Monday the 24th. It was just one of those days where we sat down altogether and talked about life through and through, and I truly enjoyed it. Rosie came by and we had a good chat that night over a white chocolate raspberry cupcake; Rachel got in from Sydney that night- both her and Amy slept over.

Had breakfast/ lunch at Animal Orchestra on Grattan St the following day, baked eggs are apparently the new "in" thing. That night Lindsey and I joined Jess and her friends for a well-ordered meal at Kum Den. Went over to University College later that night since they were having a small Mooncake Festival gathering, and ended up bumming in Anna's room until pretty late..

Kenzan again that Wednesday with Wen and Steph, came back and got some work done. They served up butter chicken that night, and fortunately for me if not anyone else.. the chef brought out a tray of chicken thighs just as I got there. And so I had dinner on a chicken night!

Rachel and I went to Trinity Thursday afternoon to see Vincent and Maura at their new office, and after we briefly bumped into Mitch outside the JCR. Tara, Rosie and I took a study break at about 8.30pm that night, drove out to Brunetti to get ice cream and Tara a milkshake- sumptuous save for the fact that Rosie got a parking fine.

And yesterday, did a Safeway run.. the first in a long while. Jian Ming got me take away char kuey teow from Laksa King of which I devoured half before surrendering. It tasted mighty authentic, which was really good. Had a long chat to mum post-Kareen's departure to London, then hit the sack 800 words into the Corbs essay.

Today I've been to Camera House and the Spencer St DFO, acquired Bonds trackies and new bath towels, and I'm aiming to have this essay in the bag by the time I go to bed.

Sher Reen; 9:02 PM
1 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II