<body> </body>



Friday, June 08, 2007

Roads once undiscovered.
I had my last meal with Ee Lin and her family at their home on Royal Parade on Monday the 28th of May.. tandoori chicken, vegetable stir fry and a beef curry from Thai Nee. It was a bittersweet get together- I realised then that when they left for KL en route to Toronto, Canada, I was pretty much all alone here in Melbourne, family-wise. We reminisced on the many times we had spent together in the past year, updated each other on the most recent in our lives and just chatted the night away..

Tuesday and Wednesday Kris and I took time off studying to compile an album of photographs from the Friday before for Matt. It was a strange but fun time, not having architectural deadlines and as we had design debates, non-uni discussions and we even had the liberty of watching stuff off the Ormond network guiltlessly. That Wednesday night Shobie and I went down to Nando's for dinner before adjourning to her place for one of our big catch up sessions. I came back and made a couple of stops- McCaughey Court to see Mei Sze then the library for a chat with Rosie until closing.. I got to view her room for the first time.

I can't remember what I did all of Thursday but dinner was not impressive and Lindsey and I went out in search for real food at Lygon, finally ending up at Vina Bar, Brunetti's, Safeway and then Intersection with Rachel. Friday was quiet, I spent all of it in.. part of it hanging out with Matt and Kris and laughing about the most ridiculous of things.

Saturday I made a last minute decision to join Jess, Jian Sheng, Lindsey and their friend Nelson for dinner at Oriental Spoon, this Korean place on La Trobe St. It's a little pricey and I personally feel their portions are stingy, but it's a treat nevertheless because the food is good. We then went on to devour Max Brenner chocolate desserts before paying Nelson a visit to listen to a song he composed.

Spent all of Sunday with Rachel who'd again come down from Ringwood. We hit St Kilda Market after a dismal lunch at some random cafe with really terrible service. We roamed the city for a bit, came back for a rest at Ormond and then headed out again to have pasta at Corretto's on Lygon. I opted to have the risotto instead of my usual spaghetti and found it to be surprisingly good. That night after supper I went by Ee Lin's place to pass her a card and ended up helping to do light packing- it was their last night before they flew out. Acquired some cardstock and some alcohol, chatted a little as they put things away into suitcases and then Shen sent me home in his mum's Jazz. That probably was the last time we'd all have sat together and chatted in a few years..

Monday June 4th was sort of a day off because I went down to the post office then to MYER and Melbourne Central. Got a fair bit of work done as well.

Went down to Elsternwick/ St Kilda on Tuesday to visit Maggie, my Architecture friend whom I met at summer school in January, at her home on Tuesday.. that was fun. We had lunch at Bala's, this Indian place in St Kilda, then takeaway dessert from Monarch as we chatted the afternoon away.. and dinner of char kuey teow from Kotaraya, this Malaysian place. We took her dog Nimbus for a stroll in the Elsternwick Park in the evening as well, and I got to meet her husband D as well. The night ended on Facebook as I taught her how to navigate the site.. and as I left on the tram it felt really good because I'd actually spent a day out of the city doing real suburban things. Certainly was a great change from the usual hustle and bustle. Bumped into Hyung-joo, Crystal and Shobie on my way back to Ormond.

Wednesday was lacklustre except for the fact that I bumped into De Shun, Eng Kiat and Ashwinna as I did a Safeway run after walking out of the Country Road preview sale without making a single purchase. And yesterday I worked all day until nighttime when Rachel asked if I was game for a supermarket visit. Chatted most of the night away- visited Kris, Matt and Rachel in Main Building.

Today hasn't been notably eventful; finally set up a coffee date to catch up with Jay next week and Shobie came around at 4+ and we had a chat while waiting for episodes of Heroes to be transferred onto her flash disk. It was nice just sitting down and discussing our expectations of our trip back to KL in two weeks and just about life in general. She's one person whom I am incredibly glad came to Melbourne.. we've known each other so many years but things have always stayed the same. We see eye-to-eye on multiple levels and I think our constant meet ups here in Melbourne keep the both of us in check.

Had dinner in Hall- it was Mexican Night and feeling unappetised, I took a cup of yoghurt and fruit and an apple, to which Matt reacted by saying he was going to have to force feed me. He made a plate of nachos then Mel, him and I sat down and finished that.. and somehow my yoghurt cup count increased to three by the end of the meal. We laughed about countless issues, especially stopping time to be mean and make a proposal for (Friend's Name) Version II Beta.

May be heading out for supper, but for now it's down to serious work. It's funny and almost unfair how some first years are already done with exams and are homebound while I have yet to have exams commencing- I have one next Thursday and the other the following Tuesday.


Less than two weeks till I'm home again- it's been too long.

It seems to be turning into a very cold winter.

Sher Reen; 2:05 PM
2 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II