<body> </body>



Sunday, May 20, 2007

Love without end.
Wow, doesn't time fly?

I enter each week anticipating the weekend, probably the worst of mental attitudes to adopt but it gets me through sane and alive. I watched Spiderman 3 on May the 5th with Vivien, Lindsey and Mei Sze but thought that it was a big disappointment after all that hype.

Got up early after barely any sleep, followed the rugby jumper-clad Ormond pack down to the Yarra for the Intercollegiate Regatta, in which Ormond had four rowing teams contending for honours. I was snap happy right from the minute I got on the tram, I think because it was my first ever rowing competition ever. It was so exciting as there was great college spirit in the air; I also bumped into Mitch who was part of the Trinity supporters. Witnessed Mickey Bee take down the Queens' Goat, sat out on the grass on a rare sunny Sunday morning and cheered as the Ormond girls' firsts retain their golden glory.. they were very undeniably head and shoulders above all other competing teams. The boys' firsts came in bridesmaids.. I trammed back to Ormond with Matt and Jack and had a good long nap after a quick brunch while 100 other Ormondians went on the annual college Boat Race Bus that was anticipated to "be forgotten as a day to remember."

The week after, had dinner with Simin post-assignments at Universal on Monday, attended a consult tutorial with my Architectural Design 2A tutor on Tuesday, had a very amazing Lebanese dinner in hall on Wednesday (possibly my first ever compliment on Ormond food in a while).. and then Picken B3 had a Cocktail Night here in my room that very night. I earned myself two noise complaints in that hype, but otherwise it was a really good bonding session for everyone who lives here. Went to Readings then Borders with Lindsey the next night after a college design tutorial with Karen. Friday my tutorial ended early so I followed Simin down to Savers to get her an outfit for the "Rock-Off" smoko. That was a fairly great night in the Quad although turn out was poor.. we did try venturing out on a club hunt but returned to Ormond at 4+ disappointed. We got together, 12 of us from college, for a dim sum brunch at Sharksfin Inn the morning after. It was such a great tastebud treat after such a long semester.. and the week ended where it did a couple of weeks ago in the MCR at Boardgames Night II. Oh, and pizza from Intersection.

Monday May 14th was Jessica's 21st so we went by her place after the CT2A lecture.. to find out she wasn't in. So much for a surprise. Had dinner at Rose Garden with Jon and Mei Sze after that.. delightfully sumptuous. Tuesday must have been spent right in front of the computer until Rachel saved the day with a proposal for a very late dinner treat at A1. Got back and in the middle of an almost-all-nighter got some supervised sleep (ie Rachel making sure I got up to go on working).. all of thise leading to another insane day ahead. Suffice to say I had printing issues when I least needed it and I broke for the first time ever since coming here. Managed to get the remaining work in the next day to David at his office in Fitzroy with no penalty.

The next day.. Adam, Jes, Jay, Kris and I went down to Brighton in Adam's car to attend Matt's dad's funeral. We found St Andrew's Church pretty easily; it was a sad but very beautiful church service, apt hymns and readings.. and great speeches. People laughed as Lawrence's friends from his younger days told stories about him, and he certainly did sound like a fun-loving dad. Stayed on for a bit after refreshments in the Brighton Grammar School hall to chat before heading back here.

After a fairly long nap, I got up and decided to go out for dinner. J Cafe on Exhibition St is a pretty awesome place for Japanese food. Pricey, miniscule servings but so delectable! That night got my CT1A lantern done, this time with Rachel's creative assistance, and I spent the earlier morning finishing off journal work. Felt sick so I stayed in most of the afternoon.. watched the Ormond girls' soccer team beat Queen's 1-0 on the hockey pitch and the boys lose out 3-0 to Trinity before going to Lavish in Southbank. Bumped into a good few friends, finally got back in from a very packed club at about 3 after a peckish stopover at Hungry Jack's.

Yesterday I met up with Shobie and Nishi for crepes at AX Creperie followed by light, purposeful shopping and then a bit of Norsiah's. It's always been great to catch up with them considering how we have been friends since I was 12. Had a few good chats to people here in the evening before making a Safeway run, stopping for a pasta and bumping into Mizz Muda outside Papa Gino's.

A cough seems to be brewing and with an 80% assignment due in tomorrow night, I hope I pull through okay. It's been such a fulfilling, enriching semester for me so far.. and I have savoured every moment of it, and I wouldn't trade any up or down for the world.

Sher Reen; 7:26 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II