<body> </body>



Friday, May 04, 2007

But why.
April 25th was both Anzac Day and Mum's birthday. One of the rare, almost non-existent public holidays here that the university actually acknowledges. Had a fun-filled time catching up over many hours with Shobie and Nish at Rice Bar and then at Shobie's apartment.

And that night, because Kat Buchanan had a spare ticket to the "Icons of a Land Down Under" Open Smoko at the Quad and I was too creatively drained, I decided to go. To my first ever Wednesday night smoko. In a t-shirt, Canterbury shorts and Ugg boots and armed with my Canon Powershot.. I came back with no regrets whatsoever and with lots photographs.

Mei Sze and I tried out Rose Garden, this Chinese restaurant on Elizabeth St, with Jon and Jian Wey the next night- delicious. Finished the night off with crepes at Ichipan; then I came back for an Architectural Design 2A tutorial with Karen.


Had a full CT1A-dominated Friday at uni then did student service for Jian Ming- late servery at dinner. Proved to be good fun working with Sophie Molyneux, and after serving up what must have been too many burritos on Mexican Night, went out to dinner with Mei Sze in the city then on a last minute invitation joined Viv, Wen, Yi Yun, Renata and Roland at Pugg's- Steph W and Em joined us later. Strangely it was my first Pugg's night since Fresher Initiation in Dis-O Week.. it revolved good drinks, good chatter along with many notes of surprise from Ormondians regular at the pub. Did the customary Intersection stop, and then came back to Ormond for Baileys and vanilla ice cream in the Pickens. The night ended with Viv, Steph Wong and I letting the rain fall on us as we sat on the balcony talking..

I was in all of Saturday and Sunday, attempting work. Mei Sze bought dinner back from the city on Saturday and the night after, we had roast in hall followed by the year's first Pleasant Sunday Evening in the Middle Common Room up in the Ormond tower in the form of Boardgame Night. Turn out was fairly encouraging, and those who did come enjoyed playing cardgames and with brand new sets of Jenga, Monopoly, Pictionary and Cranium! I ended up staying from start till end playing both Jenga and Cranium, the latter being intensely exciting. Partnered Ivy and we blazed right through the game, finally letting both Emily+Zoe and Sean+Supa+Viv catch up and eventually, the duo won.

Uni started off quietly this week, I had to give a speech at Trinity on Swanston on Monday at 4.15pm about my summer school experience. Can't say that I was proud of it but I reckon it capture the essence of what I felt about both the CTSS and being back here in Melbourne two and a half years down the line. Went to Hush at Melbourne Central that night for drinks with Jian Ming, Sing Theng, Leroy and Shaleen because she (one of the girls in the year above in primary shool) was visiting from Sydney. I hadn't seen her since Standard 5.. ie nearly a decade! It was good fun just reminiscing on old times and talking about here and now.

Tuesday revolved around my Arch Design tutorial consultation with Tom, but the burnout I still suffer from coerced me into getting some sleep that night. Wednesday I was down in the city to get art supplies so I stopped by Kenzan for a mid-week sashimi treat. Worked through the night after cutting my left middle finger pretty badly with the blade- it wouldn't stop bleeding for the longest time. Got my A1 presentation sheets all laid out by 11.30am Thursday but who ever knew that.. I had been working in pixel resolution instead of milimetres- in under and hour I redid everything- my computer nearly crashed of shock. The printers took ages as well and it set me back by a painful $90 (and what stabbed me was the fact that there was a typing error in the .jpeg file!). Crit went well enough, strangely and surprisingly, and we finished the night, Jane, Amy, Anna and I, with dinner at Vina Bar and dessert at Koko Black.

Amy stayed over so I had company and a second opinion on the CT1A Virtual Bridge assignment I was working on. I was terribly worn out from the sleep deprivation and ended up only finishing the assignment the next morning. Had a quick lunch at the Union House then went to a relatively short CT1A tutorial. Met Ai Leen for great crepes at Centreway's AX Creperie Salon- caught up after the longest time.. had dinner with Mei Sze at Blue Sky before we both went insane at Sportsgirl until closing time. Bumped into Shaleen and Sing Theng again. Couldn't get tickets to Spiderman 3 at Hoyts so came back for a quiet night in.

My room has found itself in the most insane states this past week. It's been intense, but as always fulfilling. Three weeks to the end of 12 weeks, ie to Swot Vac. Exam timetables are out too, and I finish the evening before I booked my for.. it's going to be interesting packing away all of the room in time for that!

Just under 2 months until I'm home again.


How exciting!

Sher Reen; 10:56 PM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II