<body> </body>



Sunday, April 01, 2007

Of all the things in the world.
It has been the craziest of weeks. Honestly.

I skipped last Sunday's Ormond College Students' Club General Meeting- reported to be a sometimes hilarious affair. Jon's apology got read out as he was "anticipating a bad bout of dhirrhoea- feel the burn, ring of fire" which cracked everyone up.

Since Monday I have been slaving day and night on the 20% Arch Design 2A Power Point submission, a compilation of the work I have been doing since the start of this semester. Took time off on Tuesday evening to attend this Dean's Lecture Series event delivered by Prof William J Mitchell about "Reinventing MIT". Currently working for the Massachusets Institute of Technology, Bill spoke about five new buildings in the campus that were unique in design, and what inspired the architects, among them Frank Gehry. I really liked Simmons Hall, a concrete mesh building built out of a grid design meant for residential purposes.

College Photo was taken on Thursday at lunchtime on Picken Lawn. It was stress-free compared to last year where the heat resulted in 4 cases of fainting! That evening after my Tom- Sally Arch Design 2A tute and dinner, Ed and I rushed to see Karen for my Ormond tute and then I took off to uni to submit my work. After everyone had popped their items into Drive S, we headed down to Universal on Lygon for supper, Anna, Amy, Lindsey and I. Came back and Amy stayed over at Ormond.. chatted till nearly 3 then slept off.

My Construction 1A tute on Friday was an insanely huge waste of time. Headed down to the city for a short while just to spend time with myself, and had food at my favourite Japanese place, Kenzan @ GPO. Idyllic setting in the mid-afternoon, I sat down drawing up my AD2A scheme. Joined Jane, Amy, Anna, Jess at 6.10pm to go to Amy's for her birthday do- steamboat at her house in Parkville Gardens.

Beautiful place, I fell in love with the whole idea of moving out right away actually. Everything about the setting was so homey and it was further enhanced by the fact that her mum and grandma were there. Had home-baked cupcakes and milk tea for supper before we played mahjong, I learnt AutoCAD, camwhored, yakked and then fell asleep.. I left early ie at 10am by tram so I wouldn't miss my tute with Karen.

Last night Mei Sze, Lindsey, Lin and I had dinner at Villa Romana on Lygon, followed by Becoming Jane at Cinema Nova. I really do not know what possessed me as I fell into and out of my usual slumber but this time it was punctuated with groans, much like in a nightmare. Earned me weird points from people sitting near me, but what can you do?


There's so much to say yet I think what sums it up best is the fact that 24 is never enough hours in a day. I sleep minimally, to the extent that it's become an identity.. this week I've pushed myself beyond the limits and that's why I've been taken ill. Can't wait for recovery time this Easter, four days to go! Days slip past ever so quickly, weeks disappear into thin air, and I think partly to do with living in college residence- there's so much to think about that.. you don't get time to miss home.

Sher Reen; 7:48 AM
2 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II