<body> </body>



Wednesday, April 25, 2007

No I can't heal you.
Trust me to have almost forgotten that I had a timber workshop session with Hamish Hill on the Monday to uni after Easter. I got there on time, luckily, and enjoyed the three hours there, surprisingly.. the next day I spent at college, and the Wednesday was a firing session at the CT2A tutorial because not many of us had our work up to date.

It was Thursday that I was incredibly sleep deprived. Ed and Kris had been at my room the night before just discussing architecture and I ended up only finishing up my work at 5ish. The longest and dreariest AD2A tutorial was yet to befall upon us, and by the time Amy and I left to drop stuff off at Ormond (where she promptly fell asleep on my bed in mere minutes) at 6+ there still were others waiting their turn. We had decided to go out for dinner after, and met Jessica and William at the uni tram stop. I was short of change, but got on the tram anyway..

Just as I was placing a telephone call, totally zoned out, I caught in the corner of my eye, sight of the green uniform. TRAM OFFICERS. I apparently went "Oh shit!" repeatedly before making the ultimate (and least subtle) tram officer dodges- I ran out just as doors were closing through the back door which fortunately was not blocked off.. and walked down to the city from Lincoln Sq.

Stunned.

And luckily, not $150 poorer. I sat through dinner almost in silence, except when we animatedly recalled the sequence of events.

I crashed that night, fatigue won over. Had to wake up at 5 the next morning to finish off 5 postcards for CT1A due for submission at 1pm. Managed that all in time, stopping by the Melbourne Exhibition Centre (which is so beautiful) for Form and Function (a RAIA organised expo) and the Spencer St DFO. That night we got together for a CTSSS '04 Reunion. Met at the back gate at 6.45pm yet still managed to successfully arrive at Tiba's on Lygon St 10 minutes later than a very displeased JK. After Lebanese we went to Lygon for Koko Black, Jas, Em, Rach, Mitch and I. It was awesome seeing all 20 people who showed up, finding out where we all are with school and the like, it has been 2.5 years!

Kris turned 20 on Saturday the 21st, not celebrating but vowing to at tonight's "Icons from a Land Down Under" smoko tonight. I met up with Rachel for Max Brenner's, some shopping, sushi from Kenzan and then Corretto's for a very late lunch. Watched Stomp The Yard with Eileen, Jon, Alex, Lindsey, Jian Wey and Mei Sze at Hoyts that night and pigged out on Ichipan crepes after.

I struck a paid service at brunch on Sunday! For the longest time I had meant to earn some of my own and because Jack was doing my shift at late servery and my colleague did not show up, I landed my own shift but got paid to do it.. and in Jack's words "bludged" it. It was funny though, hearing him chat everyone up, kitchen ladies included and because he towers above me (and noone quite looked down on me), he served up most of the food.

Cleared most of my laundry, then had dinner with Mei Sze and Jian Ming at Vina Bar. Monday and Tuesday have not been the most eventful days except lunch at Nasi Lemak House with Amy and Jessica.


Of late I have been suffering from a lack of inspiration and a bad burnout from both summer and the past 7+ weeks at uni. Nothing big, but it does make things a little harder to get by, design-wise more than anything else. I've been resting up and hopefully I will get through the semester all in one piece..

Been listening to the moodiest of music.. Hayley Westenra, Jose Gonzalez, Dido, old school Weslife, some Michael Buble and Enya.

Going to meet Shobie and Nish for lunch today, should be fun!

Sher Reen; 7:55 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II