<body> </body>



Saturday, April 14, 2007

Chosen to belong.
Ten days have come and gone, I'm nearly ready to take on Part II of this semester. Since my last post I have been to two comedies, one on Thursday and another on Friday- Silly Rabbit by Andy Muirhead and Three Colours Hammo: Melbourne by Justin Hamilton.

No, neither of them were close to being classified as ridiculously funny which is a shame. After the former we stuffed our faces at Max Brenner, Melbourne Central, before coming back to Ormond to chat the night away- nothing new there. Needing closure and following the big disappointment we went down to the Town Hall for the fourth night to watch what might have been redemption at the Council Chambers. We walked out silently grinning at each other in agreement that it was absolute rubbish.

Earlier on Friday the architecture chicks- Amy, Anna, FC, Jess, Lindsey- and some Ormondian friends- Charles, Supa, Jian Ming, Simin and Mei Sze- got together and we had a barbecue on Picken Lawn. It was a beautiful day (and week) and afterward us architecture people just lay lazily on the grass devouring the cookies and cream ice cream and munching on frozen grapes before coming up to my room to take photographs and be silly.

I have finally managed to get down to proper work, I can actually see progress on this idiotic screen and that's something to be proud of. Ed got back yesterday and we walked out to Safeway to stock up on food considering the next few weeks are going to be hell. Later that night Mei Sze and I walked back out to Lygon to get gelati and more stuff from Safeway.. and before bed I had chats with Steph Kwong, Simin, Courtney then Ed.

Today's been good in terms of work. I haven't made it out on any major shopping sprees this break which is a really good thing; did Jack's pantry service tonight and here I am back in my room relishing this last night of silence- most of us are out at the Female Sports Ball that I chose to skip.


I was listening to Vitamin C's terribly overplayed Graduation Song the other day and recollections of my last day at Assunta came back to me. Bittersweet memories but I'll never quite forget the fact that it was a tremendously memorable closure for me.. two and a half years later I realise how much has changed since then- I'm thankful for all that I got out of my years there.

My days at Ormond have been nothing short of amazing, there are ups and there are downs.. and in the quieter moments I realise what keeps me here- the fact that it's a place I have chosen to belong to.

I guess you could say that I have had a few great deep and meaningfuls that I have appreciated just in these few weeks. It's provoked me to think a bit further than I usually allow myself to.. and it's also revealed to me real personalities behind what once were merely masks and I'm definitely really glad that I've become better acquainted to these people.

Something to reflect on that I got off Marcus' personal message on MSN:
Have you been alone in a crowded room?

Sher Reen; 7:48 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II