<body> </body>



Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Same old quadrangle of love.
I have come to the conclusion that the people who sit behind the counter at the ABP general office or whoever it is who is in charge of getting results up on time simply do not know what it's like to see five blinking asterisks *** ** on every attempt to access the database. However I do now know that I got a 78 for Design Communications ie a H2A which makes me a tad happy and a wee bit frustrated- because I wasn't good enough for that elusive H1.

That said, and a week of uni down, I am gunning for that first distinction this semester, no two ways about that.


Last Thursday 14 of us went down to have dinner at Donnamonya on Bourke St, a somewhat belated celebration of my birthday. Great food and great company, great gelati afterward and save for the fact that dinner properly ended at 9.30pm, I enjoyed myself.

The night after I was invited to Ee Lin's and Shen's place for a barbecue dinner with their friend Annie and Matthias and Rosemary, Ryan's godparents. Good food, good conversation and good fun! Perfect ending to a full day at uni completing classes for my only first year subject, Construction 1A.

Saturday night I had my first Korean meal here, ever with Jess, Lindsey, Mei Sze, Anna, Jane, Amy and a few of their friends and I must say it's really good stuff, especially soups in the colder of nights that we get nowadays. Pigged out big time at Max Brenner's after.. it's about time to cut back on all this food intake and money output!

Had brunch servery student service on Sunday before going down to St Kilda. I still am time and time again mesmerised by craft markets here just because the ones back home are pretty dodgy. I think it's the plentiness of resource that allows for such diverse products to be generated..

Yesterday my Construction Technology 2A coordinator threw all of us Architecture second years into a fit by telling us he didn't care and he wanted an assignment worth 10% of our final grade in on Wednesday. We were under the impression that it was only due in the week after; I didn't even have a tutor show up at my first tutorial session, others had said to their students that they were going to discuss the assignment this week.. I guess it was all of that and the hopelessness of Melbourne University's LMS system that fortunately made him reconsider what he had said and send out an email extending the deadline.

Been to uni and back today. It's back to that same old quadrangle of love, hate, architecture and me.



Insecurity and self-confidence.
Before I left home I remember constantly wondering what would happen to the things I left behind, the things I had built and couldn't take with me- what would become of them? Here I am now eight months down the line with one lesson learnt. That there's no need for insecurity. Nature works her magic. If something was built to last.. then it stands strong, it prevails over time and there's no need for bitter afterthoughts of what "could have been if.."

Forcing myself out of a comfort pad and opting for a big room surrounded by eleven on my floor who are new to both Ormond and uni was a change. I wasn't certain I was making the best decision then but today I'm very pleased with my new room and the people around me. It still is strange walking out of the shower only towel clad and bumping into your one-month-old neighbour, or sitting at a meal possibly with a group of new faces.. and in most incidences these scenarios I've chosen to do one thing- step up above all the insecurities and strengthen my self-confidence (or once upon a time, lack of). I'm trying, and that's probably the best I can do because no man can live like an island, I don't think.

Sher Reen; 7:40 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II