<body> </body>



Sunday, February 18, 2007

A million miles away.
Sunday morning; it's the first day of Chinese New Year! No it doesn't feel strange to be away from home except for the fact that there won't be the same good ol' angpau collection to look forward to, goodies to eat and people to visit..

Although the sun has been blazing at 38 degrees, how ridiculous is that?


Summer studios ended on a really really good note.
Tuesday I learnt the true meaning of growing to love your work like a limb.. something happened and I ended up needing to cut up my work which really was the most painful thing to do.

Wednesday, VDay was when I fell flat on my face on the paved sidewalk. I kid you not. Dropped of some photos to urgently develop and bumped into Samuel when I was collecting them.. the familiarity really made my day. This also was the day/ night I pulled my caffeine-free 40-hour all nighter..

Thursday was submission/ presentation day for both DC and AD 1C. I must say I was flabbergasted.. I totally lost it when it came to my turn and I was STAMMERING when speaking about my design scheme! Ran to meet Uncle Chris and Jolyn, bumped into Peter and then ran back to class to prepare for the other half of the day. DC went by quicker and during the wrap up session five of us who had enrolled in two subjects and attended all tutorials received a pocket Moleskine sketchbook which was pretty amazing..

And I didn't realise but it was after all of that that I finally smiled genuinely again. Had dinner at Blue Sky with Supa, Jian Wey and Mei Sze before making it to Hoyts for the 6.50pm session of Music and Lyrics.. and crashed that night..

Friday morning I went to help the House Office out with paperwork until 2pm. Hsiang and I headed down to QV to get him a fan among other items and we lugged it all back to Ormond! Met up with Anna for dinner at Mekong, bumped into Min Ching at Target then went over to visit Shobana at College Square Swanston! Also went on an OCD-induced major clean up spree..

Saturday ie yesterday Mei Sze and I trammed to the city to have lunch at Kenzan. Ormondian freshers streamed in as well.. marking the end of a quiet summer. No more will there be single ownership to the communal bathrooms or complete silence when I need it but at the same time there's finally fresh new faces injected into the community, which is a pretty damn good thing. I've met most of them from my floor in between their pretty jam-packed schedule.. and it's honestly a floor of over-achievers!

Had a nap in the afternoon as I didn't feel too well, had yet another barbecue in the quad before heading out to Crown at night with Shobana since my CNY plans got pushed to today. There was a fiesta-like CNY celebration- Chinese opera, food stalls upon food stalls and many a "chinese" decorative item sold.. it was a great atmosphere nevertheless, we sat and listened to a live quartet, watched THE circus dog show and then headed home.. it was in a strange way a very enjoyable night.

Today I don't even know where I'm headed, but Shen and Ee Lin have graciously offered to take me with them to his parents' place.

One week to Commencement Dinner- that's probably when everyone will be back. And a week till uni start again.. call me crazy, but I am excited about beginning the new semester (:



ps. Can I just say it's almost funny how people in school have the strangest misconceptions about me? After leaving secondary school I have been landed with quite a fair few factual inaccuracies about myself.. so just to clear things up a bit I've been doing my B. Architecture at Melbourne University for nearly eight months now. No, I didn't fail anything to need to do summer but instead I attempted two new subjects and as of now I've finished 3/4 of a full year at uni.. And to whoever who reads this blog/ lurks around Friendster and Facebook, yes I am having the time of my life..

Sher Reen; 6:17 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II