<body> </body>



Wednesday, January 17, 2007

We used to sing, "Rain, rain, go away.."
The weather here has been excruciatingly hot on some days, pretty chilly on others. I'm liking the cool and despising the heat wave..

Classes have been ongoing; I've completed 5 of 18 classes! We are in the midst of the discovery phase in both Architectural Design 1C and Design Communications; had my drawing board made in the middle of the night, made visual notes and did a photographic analysis of the site that we visited, the McClelland Gallery/ Sculpture Park in Frankston. That Thursday I got pretty sunburnt! People came in to studio with pretty amazing work and it's so good to see how the a visit to the same place was interpreted so differently by so many different people.

I'm really enjoying this summer studio because despite the fairly large workload that we get there is a lovely atmosphere thing going on- iPod music blasting, great tutors, great friends and definitely a good pool of creative energy. I love admiring work that others come up with because that's what's so beautiful about design- the endless possibilities and the broadest scope.. there's no right, no wrong. But at this point already I don't want to just be mediocre at what I do..

Workload is piling up and I can't get through my days without a skinny latte. I have 3 studio session a week, each starting at 10 and ending at 5. Yesterday was by far the worst of days- sun was scorching, it was 36 degress Celcius, and that really got to my head especially in the afternoon. Came back after dismissal at 5pm feeling absolutely lifeless.

Strange enough this summer hasn't been lonely, there always has been someone to talk to and bum with. Sometimes I make trips down to the CBD just to spend time with myself. Time always seems to move quicker than I do and I find that since coming here I truly love indulging myself with this special time for thought and reflection.. to "catch up with time" (and buy too many pairs of shorts)..

And I know it won't be long before I realise the season is over, bringing me one season closer to my second winter, my second year here. Did I hear someone say that time flies?

Sher Reen; 11:06 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II