<body> </body>



Friday, January 26, 2007

Summer breeze.

Yesterday was one of the more insane times I've had since coming back this summer- walked into Melbourne Artist's Supplies three times, bumped into my melony studio tutor Louise on the tram, had a 10-5 session at uni that was tiring yet fruitful (I did manage to finish my Design Communications assignment for the week) then packed dinner from a new Thai place in town..

..was moving my stuff from Picken C 111 to McCaughey Court fourth floor from 7pm thru till midnight and it was ridiculous. The lifts here aren't working until February 1st (and I had to clear out of Picken by Sunday so every load was carried across Picken Lawn, through the main building and then up nine flights of stairs.. Supa helped out for awhile with the bulkier items before his daily run at the Princes Park.

On a happier note, no less, my room has a breathtaking, picture perfect view of the Ormond clocktower from my bed and from the balcony, part of the city scape which looks so damn amazing all lit up at night.

Mei Sze's off at her aunt's for the long Australia Day weekend. I got lunch myself today, poked my head into Sportsgirl and Ojay and Borders on Lygon. I tend to spend spans of time in that bookstore nowadays- thoroughly enjoyed looking at architecture books although their selection is nowhere as impressive as PageOne at Kinokuniya in KL. Thinking of going down to a specialist bookstore called Architext on Exhibition St sometime soon..


Summer has been hot and cold here, moving along at a really great pace with an endless stream of work and inspiration (and shopping).. definitely have no regrets because I have come to love my course dearly. I've learnt to deal with criticism differently, I've learnt how to think when it comes to design, I've started to take a keen interest in professional and legendary works of architecture, I've developed a taste for better photography.. essentially I'm extremely pumped up from the summer semester- it has been so enriching.

Despite all the doubts that hovered above my head for the longest time, I've finally come to feel that maybe this is really for me. I'm so glad I came to Melbourne 3 weeks after those A-Levels finals, and I'm so glad I had the people who kept my head on my shoulders and pushed me on through all the pitfalls, trials and tribulations.. and shared my joy when I hit the highs..

2007 is only 26 days old yet it's slowly proving to be one of the best years I've had.


Sher Reen; 2:51 PM
1 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II