<body> </body>



Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Moleskine and my first studio this summer.
Trotted into Architecture 211 for Architectural Design 1C and first helped to clean up and out the room. Met my tutor Rennie and his son Oscar along with some of my to-be classmates..

Class started and we were given a brief outline of the melony studio we would be attending for both AD 1C and Design Communications, to be run by Louise, Rennie and Alex who are from Melbourne, London and New York respectively.. hence the name melony. I'm really liking the sound of this course- six weeks, one major assignment and top quality work is expected.. but it almost seems certain that we will be acquiring more skills than in a typical AD 1A/ 1B programme run during the regular semesters..

This week I am meant to find a Bunnings Warehouse to acquire MDF, medium density fibreboard to construct my very own drawing board. We had two breaks, once for coffee and the next for lunch; on the second we were actually sent off on a mini assignment/ exercise thing to take "visual notes" at of choice of place of dining.

A few of us- Denny, Frankie, Eksa, Thushi, Han Jie and I went to the Union House and we all propped ourselves near the Old Physics entrance.. drawing until nearly 2pm. Went back to the studio for a teeny tiny crit session by Rennie and learnt a fair bit about what was expected of us when taking visual notes this Thursday when we visit our site location in Frankston this Thursday. Also, I saved myself AUD$ 32.00 when he picked my piece and rewarded me with a Moleskine Plain Reporter Notebook, this pretty notebook he had made compulsory for all of us to buy.

Maggie and I caught a tram together and I got off at Lonsdale St and began a hunt for items on the material list we had been furnished with. Spent a fair bit of money- let's say Copic markers, yellow trace, an adjustable set square, a layout pad and screenboard do not work out to a price that's safe for the heart to deal with.

Had sushi from Kenzan so I only had salad at dinner and moved my art material from liftless McCaughey Court 7th floor. Thankfully Supa and Crystal helped. Dug through my art material as well and carted enough over to last me this summer. I can't bear the thought of moving into my hermit once allocations are out!

Hyung-joo and Crystal bummed into my room, Melissa "checked into" Picken C and the night pretty much ended with me sorting my art things out and putting them in order. For some reason or another I am really psyched up for this summer semester- no regrets whatsoever..

Visuals

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
JJ Featherhead Jessie

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Moleskine!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My Picken C 111 corkboard

Sher Reen; 6:31 AM
0 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II