<body> </body>



Sunday, January 21, 2007

Coming up for air.
Someone remarked that my blog posting frequency was suggestive of how uni/ Melbourne has been for me since I got back- busybusybusy. It's not all untrue though, sadly.

I've been on my feet ever since it all began; 5 submissions due Tuesday 10am. That's weekly deadlines for you. The weather has been insane beyond words- the rain is here and it is intermittent.. not having an umbrella sometimes does foil plans..

On another note, apart from buying insane amounts of art material (and falling in love with Copic and Pantone Tria markers) and working hard at uni and trying to perform this trapeze balancing act, we've been cooking here at college on the nights when the kitchen is closed. There are the occasional trips down to the city where I pamper myself with the luxury of "me time" and meals out, discovering new places to go to.. also (finally) watched The Holiday at Hoyts Melbourne Central last night- so good! Well it was corny and cheesy but definitely not tacky. My favourite scene was when Jude Law's character told Cameron Diaz's that he was not "d-i-v-o-r-c-e-d" but a "w-i-d-o-w-e-r" after which she meets his children and the four of them have such a great, heartwarming time together..


Room allocations are out and I got my third preference of rooms. Quite happy about it and I'm likely to be moving in sometime next week.. speaking of which, Kenny turns 16 and Ryan turns 1 on Australia Day!

Some photographic products from my site visit last Thursday..
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
McClelland Gallery, Langwarrin

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gorgeous view across the lake also a prime view from the proposed site for our major assignment

Some of the work that I liked:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
One piece by John Kelly whose works are themed on "deconstructing Australia"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Another John Kelly masterpiece

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
White "balls"- a popular attraction with children as it is resemblant of tunnels in a playground; gorgeous

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"Wharf Spears" by Roman Liebach

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This piece of art hangs in the McClelland Cafe, standing out clearly from the sterile white walls and furniture


And on the way to Queen Victoria Market the other day..
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hope everyone is keeping well! As stressful as this all is, I am enjoying myself! (:


And yet another week beckons. So quickly.

Sher Reen; 4:24 PM
2 comments


Writer.

Sher Reen;
20
Melbourne / KL
Architecture
This, is Chapter II.

Other Writers.

Ai Leen, Teh
Andrew Loh
Christina Tee
Harold Edwin Yap
Hui Lynn, Tan
Janelle Lee
Jian Wey, Chin
Ju Vern, Ew
Marcus Teo
Naveena Charles
Pui Ee, Lai
Sher Vin, Lum
Siew Kim, Yeo
Sook Yan, Leong
Sue Jan, Yeong
Wendy Tan
Yew Jhin, Kuok

Summer School 2004.

CTSS 2004 Blog
HMIC Mmilidzi Habangaan
Irina
Pamela Loo
Trinity Summer School 2004

Mention- Worthy.

! Ken's Deviant Art

Cuppacakes
Joyce the kinkybluefairy
Karen Cheng
MINZ
Purse Blog

Written.


November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008

Credits.

Layout: I
Fonts: I
Image: I
Brushes: I II